Saturday, July 21, 2007

Did it happen or did it not?

Blog number ONE HUNDRED!                                   July 21, 2007

I think I got stung by a scorpion yesterday, maybe by two.  I reached into a patch of dichondra (a lawn "grass"), pulling long stemmed thistles, and I felt two sharp "zings" on my thumb.  Both zings occurred at the same time.

The stings were not from the thistles, as I was pulling them with my bare hands, so I know what those felt like.  I always just ignore them.  They are like a rough patch of wood or something.  These were more like a bee sting, only very much less pain - which is exactly the description I once read of a scorpion sting years ago.  Now, there is a scorpion, the "Black Scorpion," I think it is called, that emits a much more powerful hurt.  But most species give this low-powered "bee sting."

I had two tiny red dots on my thumb, spaced like a rattlesnake bite.  So maybe it was that. Just kidding.


No comments: