Friday, January 26, 2007

CAN YOU SEE MY NOSE FROM THERE?


Blog number seventy-one                                 26 Jan. 2007

So I'm sitting here at my computer and in the background Teresa has a movie on about two girls stuck in a snowed-in mountain cabin with a weird guy harassing them.  I can hear the girl trying to start the car and it turns over without starting.  I hear a guy yell out, "I think your battery's dead."

I ask Teresa if I heard right and she said, "Yeah - the guy disconnected the battery."

The girl keeps turning the engine over without starting and the guy says, I'll give you a jump."

He hooks up the cables and sure enough, the car starts.

Now what I'm thinking is that the writers, the directors, the producers may have chauffeurs and mechanics and thus no knowledge of dead batteries, but surely the electricians, the carpenters, SOMEBODY could have said, "Hey, that ain't right."  But Nooooooooo!  Horrywood.  Bah!

No comments: