Monday, May 3, 2010

A WORLD OF THEIR OWN PART TWO

Blog number 387 **** 03 May 2009

I was watching Judge Joe and he had a defendant that was a kinda snotty girl. He asked her what two into four was and she said, "Two." He then asked her how much was one half of four and she said, "Two and a half," and then arrogantly, "I'm not stupid!"

A couple of days later, another defendant. A former college student. Judge Joe asks her how many years is sixty months. She says she doesn't know. He tells her five. He says if you divide twelve into sixty, you get five. She replies that she's not in college any more, so how could she know that?

I'm reading a book about forensic scientists, "Every Contact Leaves A Trace."

This guy's in prison for life for brutally killing a family of four with baseball bats and knives and strangling the oldest daughter. He falls in love with another prisoner in prison for life for killing her mother. He said, "Wouldn't you know the first time I fall in love it has to be when I'm in jail for life and so is she. I must have done something terrible in a former life."

And finally, "My wife's an elementary school teacher. She teaches third grade. I'll come home and say we were at a scene and a dead body was there. She always goes, "A real dead body?" "No, Honey. Just a fake one. They always put a fake one in there for us. They don't want to disturb us."

No comments: