Tuesday, May 22, 2007

NO - YOU'RE A HOCKEY PUCK.

Blog number Ninety-three                              22 May 2007

Read an autobiography of Don Rickles at Barnes and Nobles this morning.  He told of an incident that I had read about before.  I like it so much I thought I would share.

Don took a girl to the Sands in Vegas.  Sitting at a table, he sees Frank Sinatra come in with a bunch of his friends.  Don gets up, walks to Frank's table, says, "Hi, Frank."  Frank says, "Hi Don."

Don, "Say Frank, would you do me a favor?  See that girl sitting over there?  I want to impress her, so I would consider it a great favor if you would come over and just say, 'Hi Don,' Like we were good friends.  Would you do that?"

Frank says, " Sure.  Glad to."

Don says, "Aw, thanks, Frank."

So Don goes back to his table with the girl and he waits five minutes - no Frank.  Ten minutes go by.  No Frank.  Fifteen minutes.  Don is getting concerned.  Then Frank comes over, says, "Hi Don. How ya doing?"

Don waits a beat, then loudly says, "NOT NOW, FRANK.  CAN'T YOU SEE I'M WITH SOMEBODY!"

Everybody gets quiet.  Waiters stop in their tracks.  Frank stares at him. Then Frank collapses, laughing.


No comments: