Tuesday, March 20, 2007

FUNNY GIRL

Blog number eighty-three                              20  March 2007

I was just rereading my blogs and I ran across the one that describes my bout with vertigo.  In that entry I wrote about asking my Dad what his stroke had been like, and I described how it had changed him.  It reminded me of something I should have put in that entry but didn't think of it.

Dad was in watching television and I was out in the kitchen talking to Mom while she cleaned up.  Out of nowhere she said, "I think Dad's losing his mind."

I thought she might be talking about how different he was, because it was dramatic - from a bombastic extrovert into an introspective silent thinker.  But that wasn't it.  Probably part of it, I think.  It probably got Mom to thinking something wasn't quite right, though.  

I asked her, "What makes you think that?"

She replied, "He asked me if I wanted him to wash the dishes.  He never does that!" 

She was serious.
                                 *********************

One time earlier I was visiting right after getting married to Teresa and I was washing the dishes and one of my sister's kids saw me, and in a wondering voice said, "I didn't know daddies did dishes." 


No comments: