Thursday, August 24, 2006

WAITING IN BUSHES FOR A WOMAN TO PASS

So I'm walking down the alley. I come to 28TH street and on the corner of the alley and 28th, there is a large oleander bush. Also, a car is coming from my left. As I have explained in a previous blog, I don't like for cars to wait for me. So I hide behind the bush and wait for the car to pass. I wait. And I wait. Curious, I peek around the bush and there's the car, stopped. The lady driver is laughing her head off. She knew what I was doing and decided to wait me out. One for her, none for me.
*************************

I walk into the dentist's waiting room and facing me is a boy about twelve years old, staring at me and grinning - like he knows me. Also in the periphery of my vision, I see a young girl, about five or six, also staring at me and grinning. What is this? Do they know me? I don't recognize either of them and usually I know whether babies are someone I have seen before somewhere or new ones. These look new. So why are they acting as if we are old friends? My memory is getting that bad?

I place my hand on the boy's head as I pass and I sit where I can see the both of them. The boy turns around in his seat, and grinning, he looks at me. I can get neither to respond in any other way to me. Curious.

So I finish my dentist business and I get home and I happen to glance in the mirror and my hair looks like Stan Laurel's hair - sticking straight up. What had happened is that I commonly run my hands through my hair so I usually look a mess. My wife and I have an agreement that she is to check me out before I go anywhere, but this time she was playing her game on the computer so I left without my checkup.

No comments: